Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Food Photography Website Fun!

Had lunch today with a former colleague and we had a good discussion about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for websites and blogs.  This is something I've been thinking about quite a bit lately as I finalize my new website.  It's good to know that others are going through the same thing and having to wade through the same flood of information as me.  Sometimes the Internet can provide more problems than solutions.  So much junk to look through before finding a few pieces of gold.  We also discussed another issue I've been dealing with...when to pay someone else to do something that's not my core competency - Photography.  I want control, I'm starting out with limited means, and I like knowing how all these things work, but at some point I have to let an expert do what they do...for me.  I know this is a traditional small/new business dilemma, but I didn't realize how difficult it would be for me to handle.

I have another food photo shoot this weekend for a restaurant and then I think I'll have enough food shots for galleries on the new website.  I keep looking through my photos over and over and over again trying to decide what to use.  Then I choose a different set and process them a little, and then I decide to start over again.  It's a mad house...a mad house!
Oh well.  Enough for now.
Later, L

No comments:

Post a Comment