Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Leica Digital

I'm lucky enough to have been able to communicate with 1 of 12 authors/photographers who were given test models of Leica's new V-Lux 20 12MP digital camera with manual functions. Evidently this thing is absolutely amazing. Results rival images created with Digital SLR models currently on the market.

Pros: It looks and feels like a point and shoot but has a very good sensor, an amazing lens with 25mm-300mm effective zoom range, and produces great colors. Also shoots HD video. It's a Leica!
Cons: $699 price tag. Shoots only jpeg, no RAW. No viewfinder, only amazing color screen used to frame shots.

Did I mention it's a Leica? I visited the websites of B&H and Adorama and found this camera on preorder. I also found a high end Leica DSLR priced at about $28,000. I'm not saying price is the sole indicator of quality, but these folks make great cameras. Can't wait to get my hands on one. See official info here: http://us.leica-camera.com/photography/compact_cameras/v-lux_20/

Hope that link works.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment